Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Fabulous Wonderful Friend

A floral explosion today lol.  I wanted to use the new Flower Power stencil from Noor Design so came up with the idea of using it on designer paper to give a watercolour effect.  I painted through the stencil using watered down gesso and then went over the flowers with Distress Glitter.

bev-rochester-noor-flower-power-stencil

You can see the stencilling effect better in the picture below.

bev-rochester-noor-flower-power-stencil3

How CUTE is this butterfly, which is from the new Flower Power Paper Art sheet.  I used two glued together and finished off with some pearls (yeah. I think apearl explosion is also going on here lol)

bev-rochester-noor-flower-power-stencil2

I used the delish 0460 Circle with Flower die to mount the sentiment (Anna Griffin) on to.

bev-rochester-noor-flower-power-stencil4

Last pic, promise.  I loved how this card turned out, even though I kept the outside shape as square I think the shaped template that I used for the top layer really pops off the dark background.

bev-rochester-noor-flower-power-stencil1

Noor Design Products used:




Wild Orchid Crafts products used

MIXED PURPLE/LILAC MULBERRY PAPER MAGNOLIAS QVR-075
WHITE ENGLIGH ROSES MKX-606
2-TONE LILAC MULBERRY PAPER SWEETHEART BLOSSOM FLOWERS MKX-339
MIXED PURPLE/LILAC TONE OPEN ROSES MKX-662
WHITE MULBERRY PAPER OPEN ROSES MKX-013
PURPLE/LILAC SELF ADHESIVE PEARLS - ⅕" (5mm)

Sunday, 26 July 2015

Two little angels

Morning!  My project today is a shabby Christmas plaque that I had such fun making.  I love mixed media, there are no rules!

I started off with some very old Anna Griffin striped cream and pink paper which formed the background.  I then used a text stencil and some stencil paste to add some texture.  Before the paste dried I poured on some fine glitter for a little bit of bling.

bev-rochester-mixed-media-angel-plaque

Once this was dry I die cut a frame (Marianne Designs die) twice and glued together for added strength.  Before adhering this with foam pads I glued on a border of pearls around the edge.   Then … I went crazy with the embellies.

bev-rochester-mixed-media-angel-plaque1

The poinsettia are actually lilies which I pulled apart, cut some chunks out the edges so the petals weren’t so uniform, spritzed with Lindy’s Stamp Gang Nantucket Pearls inks then reassembled with stamens in the centre.  I coloured the white stamens with some shabby shutters reinker.  I die cut the holly leaves and spritzed with Lindy’s Stamp Gang inks and twisted whilst still wet then gently unravelled once dry.  Did you spot the angel wings?  Man I love that silicone mould so much ♥♥♥

bev-rochester-mixed-media-angel-plaque2

Once everything was stuck in place I went over the highlights with either white gesso or Viva Inka Gold wax.

Products used:
Angel print – Inkido paper
MDF Essential Oval plaque from Noor Design

Wild Orchid Crafts products:
MIXED PASTEL TONE MULBERRY PAPER LILY FLOWERS MKX-333
MIXED PINK TONE OPEN ROSES MKX-661
WHITE MULBERRY PAPER OPEN ROSES MKX-013
WHITE MULBERRY PAPER GYPSOPHILA FLOWERS GST-225
White Stamens MKX-470
WHITE PEARL STRING-4mm MKX-533
WHITE CABOCHON ANGELS MKX-189
VINTAGE SEAM BINDING RIBBON – WHITE MKX-472

  •  

    Friday, 24 July 2015

    DT Call

    11800168_10207306625612278_4089767094311716139_n

    Whimsy Stamps is in search of talented crafters, who love to post video tutorials, to join our NEW video DT!  Please go to the Whimsy Stamps Blog to get all the details

    Tuesday, 21 July 2015

    Seaside Puzzle

    I had a play and came up with a simple mixed media piece.  Man!  I love getting inky!

    bev-rochester-noor-puzzle-mixed-media

    I started off by giving the new puzzle piece (from Noor Design – links below) with a couple of coats of gesso, then got out the texture paste and added some texture with the new squares stencil which you can see on the left side of the picture.  Once that was dry I glued on the softboard dots in a few places (just cut them up randomly)

    bev-rochester-noor-puzzle-mixed-media1

    Then I die cut some of the circles (bottom left) – I think they look like bubbles Open-mouthed smile, glued two together to give a deeper look then glued them in place.  I also glued on the ships wheel and compass charms and the mini bottle tops and glued some twine to give a swirly look.  Once this was all dry I coated everything again in a couple of coats of gesso.

    bev-rochester-noor-puzzle-mixed-media2

    Then I spritzed with Lindy’s Stamp Gang mists (love love love that stuff!!) and once dry glued the alphabet pieces in place and finished off with some sea shells and a bit of stamping to give the effect of stitching.  And …. job done.  My daughter claimed this before it was even dry lol.

    bev-rochester-noor-puzzle-mixed-media3

    A really quick and easy project Smile


    Sunday, 19 July 2015

    Daffodils

    I know spring is a dim and distant memory (did we even get spring here in the UK??) but I had to colour up this gorgeous stamp from Noor Design.  Soooo pretty!

    bev-rochester-noor-daffodils

    Copic colours used: E43, Y19, 15, 11; YG67, 25, 03, 21

    bev-rochester-noor-daffodils1

    A peek at what’s inside

    bev-rochester-noor-daffodils2

    Wild Orchid Crafts products used:
    White Magnolia QVR-028
    Pale Yellow Daffodils MKX-362
    Pastel Tone Cosmos Daisies MKX-376
    White Open Roses MKX-013
    Yellow/Ivory Open Roses MKX-663
    White/Cream Hip Rose Buds GST-013
    Mixed Green Pearls MKX-494

    Noor Design products used:
    8 point die
    Clear Daffodil Stamp
    0032 Vintage Flourishes Leaf Die
    Berry Sweet Strawberry Dies (leaf)

    Hydrangea flower – Magnolia die

    Related Posts with Thumbnails