Saturday, 8 April 2017

Penguin Hugs

I’m officially in love … with these sweetest little penguins by Crissy Armstrong.  What an absolute pleasure they are to colour!  Today’s card features Penguin Hugs from Whimsy Stamps.   Now seriously, how can you not be gaga over these little cuties?! 

I was having a mooch through my sentiment stamp sets and thought the “from my heart to yours” from the Handmade from me stamp set worked perfectly with this image.  The sentiment set just so happens to be on sale right now too – bonus.   I used the Whimsy Stamps Shaker Builder Sweetest Birthday die for the dotty layer.

bev-rochester-whimsy-penguin-hugs4

Not many copic colours used to colour this one up:

Penguins: C9, 7, 5, 3 – BV20, C1, 0, 00 – R20, 00 – YR27, 24, 31, 30
Grass: G20, YG63, 61, 67
Flowers: R85, 81
Butterflies: BG57, 10

bev-rochester-whimsy-penguin-hugs3

The paper is First Edition Bella Rose.  I really need to make a concerted effort to start using what I have rather than buying the new stuff and then stock-piling.  It’s ridiculous the stuff I have in this craft room, I’m ashamed!

bev-rochester-whimsy-penguin-hugs

I’ve another penguin card next week (one of three cards for the April Whimsy Stamps release).

bev-rochester-whimsy-penguin-hugs1

And for those lucky enough to get to Ally Pally this weekend, Tracy from Noor Design is there with all her delectable goodies including Foamiran and a huge range of stamens.  She’ll be in the arena today and tomorrow demonstrating flower making using Foamiran.

17797891_10209660521564722_1832607360_o

8 comments:

  1. So Cute.. Love these two to pieces.. Beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Bev, love them. Cant make Ally Pally this time as bogged down with cough, cold and now and ear infection, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those penguins are just too cute for words !!! And the sentiment fits perfectly.... you better believe if I was over there I'd be watching Tracy show us how to make those gorgeous Foamiran flowers .
    I have made a few but obviously need some helpful tips to make them more realistic like you do. But then you are amazing at everything you put your hand to.
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and those penguins are adorable! Perfect sentiment too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so see why you are in love with these penguins, they truly are wonderful. Of course you colour to perfection and then design a card that highlights them to a tee. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww….I have been away for awhile mostly with my first Grandbaby & work but now I am in recovery from Stage 3 Colon Cancer & doing chemo to better my chances that it doesn't return. It's been a rough road that I had no idea that 2017 gave to me. I am blessed of the M.D. Anderson Hospital in Houston, Texas is not that far from me & met people from all over the world. I hope to get this stamp so stinkin cute & get back to making cards & scrapbook for my Autumn. Thanks for the cute ideas !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute image on a beautiful card. Makes a person just want to give those little cuties a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bev, that image is beyond adorable! I LOVE the fabulous paper combo and as always your embellies are spot on! Truly beautiful creation hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails